Sunday, September 18, 2016

Haakaa Breast Pump Review

(In my excitement to try it I ripped the packaging)

After mentioning the Haakaa breast pump on my Instagram stories and snapchat I had a good few messages asking me about it so here is a whole post about this little piece of breastfeeding magic.



So first off, how it works.
You squeeze it, put on your boob and release. That's it. It creates a suction that mimics the suction of your baby but because it has a continual suck the milk flow keeps on coming.

Does it work?
Hell yes. I was so excited to try it when I got it that I put it on straight away. I got an ounce within a minute or two. When I used it while Evie was feeding off the other side I got 4oz in about 5 or 6 minutes. Amazing!

What else do I love about it?
There are no bits and pieces to break or lose, what you see in the picture above is all you get.

Made from 100% medical grade silicon it is naturally BPA free

It's dishwasher friendly, so after using it you can just throw it in without needing to take apart and clean.

No noises. Pumping milk is probably the least glam thing you can do, and the noise of regular breast pumps is a constant reminder that you are like a cow. The hum of mortification.

As it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged, it's portable. Also small enough to fit in your handbag.

It's super cheap! I paid 27.35 euros for mine, including postage

Any negatives?
Minor things; like if you get loads of milk the weight of it means the suction isn't as good so you have to hold it. (I did say it was minor things)
It wouldn't really work for someone who was hoping to bottle feed expressed milk, but for occasional pumping for maybe one bottle a day its great!

It's available from Amazon, there are also cheaper ones available on the likes of Aliexpress but to be honest, I wouldn't trust the material they are made from.



I'm really impressed with my Haakaa and would totally recommend it!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lyla & Co.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig