Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Gorilla Coat's & Shiny Skirt's


It has taken a while, but I finally think I'm getting to a place where I can feel somewhat stylish again.

Dressing while pregnant was tough. I never got into maternity clothes, mainly because they all seemed to be aimed at 37 year old office workers, but also (really) because Zara don't have a maternity section.

Luckily, for the first 6 months of pregnancy I snugly fit into my pre-pregnancy clobber.
Then I ballooned and it got tough. I struggled and most of my outfits resembled Homer Simpson's Muumuu. (BTW I googled it, and apparently that is how you spell Muumuu! Who knew?!)

Post-pregnancy, I could fit into my old clothes again, but something just didn't feel right about wearing them. I can't quite put my finger on what it was but I guess it was my changed body shape coupled with lack of confidence to pull them off.

Recently though, I've really starting to enjoy putting outfits together again. I'm learning what suits my new body shape and generally not feeling as self-conscious about my appearance, although the bags under my eyes remain an issue for me (no sign of them going away!)

So here is hopefully the first of many more #whatimwearing / #mamastyle posts, with Lyla included because it just feels weird getting in a photo without her now.




Now the weather is improving I can get back to wearing skirts, dresses and my beloved crop tops. This a favourite of mine. From Urban Outfitters about 3 years ago, I wear it non-stop. Over dress's, under dresses, with high waisted jeans, and my favourite, high waisted midi skirts. 
The coat is Zara, as is the skirt. Both bargains I picked up in the sales. The boots are another bargain from Penny's, and perfect for strolling around town with a buggy, or in our case going on unintentional massive walks all around Dublin because we can't decide where we want to stop for coffee.


 I'm so awkward at posing that Jamie likes to throw things at me (in this case his shoe) to get me moving

 Lyla had shoes on but decided last minute she hated wearing shoes



xx

















SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous outfit! A look I wish I could pull off. It's hard after pregnancy trying to work out your style. Three daughters later and finally two stone later I'm starting to enjoy getting dressed.

    ReplyDelete

© Lyla & Co.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig