Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Years





January 27th is a perfectly acceptable time to write a blog post about New Years right!? 

My plans for 2016:

I've never been a big resolutions person; the idea of it kind of overwhelmed me. Like I was setting myself up for failure; which is what usually happened. 
So for the past few years I've skipped that tradition, but this year there a few changes I'm hoping to make. This is the year I'm going to make the changes work.
Instead of making one big change all at once, I'm going to make 12 little changes. One for each month. The idea being, that if it takes 3 weeks to create a habit, by the end of the year I will hopefully have 12 new healthy habits.

January - Eat better. Use My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I need more of.
February - Get some form of exercise everyday.
March - Blog more. Write down ideas. Be more organized. (Basically don't spend 4 hours on Facebook when trying to write about something)
April - Start a gratitude diary.
May - No phone in the bedroom.
June - Meal plan and prep for the week ahead.
July - Sleep more, instead wasting time online.
August - Daily one on one time with Lyla.
September - Take time to myself at least once a week.
October - Set aside at least two nights for date nights.
November - Be more social. Plan something fun.
December - Get involved with a charity/ Give back in some way

All small simple ideas, but as a family we have bigger goals and plans, as do I personally  (that need to be figured out before being revealed). But writing down these small goals will hopefully lead to happy and healthy year.

Memories from 2015:

  • Bought our lovely home
  • Jamie started driving
  • We started going on hikes, became Marley Park regulars
  • We kind of got our parenting act together
  • Lyla found the loves of her life; Peppa & Postman Pat
  • Went to London twice
  • Turned 30
  • Lyla started walking, talking, not eating and is working hard on gaining the title of Drama Queen 2016.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lyla & Co.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig