Tuesday, March 8, 2016

International Women's Day



I used to think that being a feminist was all about making your mark in a male dominated world; working your way up the career ladder, power suits and smashing glass ceilings. A thought which left me feeling inadequate, ashamed and feeling as if I was letting the side down. 
I don't know if it was having a baby girl, or maybe just getting older but I've finally realised feminism is all about choice. Choosing your own path in life, being allowed to follow it and not having to justify those decisions to anyone. 


To work or not, to parent or not, and every grey area in between, its not the choices we make, but the ability to do it without judgement. 

Happy International Women's Day!

Here's my favourite little woman. Good luck to anyone who ever tries to stand in her way!



SHARE:

3 comments

© Lyla & Co.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig